Sunday, July 28, 2013

Recovery/Discovery Run and Breakfast

Yesterday I raced a 5K @ 9:22 pace and I knew that if I were to run today, it needed to be very slow. That fit right in with where we are now located. We are at an RV park at Deception Pass on Whidbey Island, WA and if any of you have ever been here, you know the beauty of the area.

The Deception Pass bridge is about a mile away and directly across from us is the state park. On Friday I had walked/run in the park, but I had taken the right turn that had lots of hills and not any views of the water. So today I took the left turn and was rewarded with beautiful views and not too many hills. I had a very enjoyable and very slow 3.25 mile run and I also walked 1.5 miles.

The highlight of the day has been the breakfast that we enjoyed at the Oak Harbor VFW. We like to partake in these community meals and although we had to wait quite a long time for our food, today's experience was very good. For $4.00 I had hot tea, scrambled eggs, a thick slice of ham, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy. 

This afternoon we are in Oak Harbor where Hollie did a long bike ride and I walked around the historic area and the marina. Later, when we get back to the RV Park, I plan to walk down and across the bridge. Hopefully, I can get some good pictures to post to the blog. 

No comments: